Friday, November 18, 2011

OPI DS Original and Sally Hansen Purple Diamond Dupe Comp

Since OPI DS Original was in my untrieds and its so sunny out, I pulled it out to take it for a spin, even though I know its a dead on dupe for Sally Hansen Purple Diamond. Purple Diamond happens to be one of my favorite polishes of all time, so this is OK. But I paid a lot for the bottle of OPI to find out I had three full bottles of its dupe in my stash.

Ah well, they make amazing MPJ frankens! Better than the brownish holo by far!

Photobucket

Here is the OPI on its own. I think my camera is a homophobe because it HATES rainbows lol

Now here it is alternating with Sally Hansen Purple Diamond

Photobucket

Can you tell which is which?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here you go!


Photobucket

To be honest, I actually prefer the Sally Hansen. It goes on less sheer and the holo particles are ever so slightly larger so they refract ever so slightly more.

You may think its cruel to show you two long discontinued polishes like this, but neither of these is by any means impossible to find. Just keep your eyes open :)

No comments:

Post a Comment