Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween time already???

Wasn't it just Christmas, like, last week?

*sigh.*

Anyway, since my fiance and I are getting pumpkins when he gets home, I decided to celebrate with a polish I've been saving since, like, July.

Photobucket

Hard Candy Mischief!!!

I admit, when I bought this polish last July, I thought it was copper. The little ring around the cap of the bottle is a big, puffy copper-colored heart, and with the lighting in the store, I was duped!!!!!!! D:

I googled it when I got home to see if HC was coming out with a new collection I hadn't heard about, and found out that Mischief is actually from the Halloween '10 collection, and everyone else was describing it as orange glitter in a smokey base.

Me: ....orange.... *hates orange*

I kept trying to convince myself that it was, in fact, copper, but to no avail. Its orange.

So yes, Mischief is small, orange glitter in a smokey, blackish-brown base. Even with two coats of SV its gritty, and the little bits of glitter actually see fit to hang over my free edge and feel all scratchy and look lumpy. -_-

Nothing a coat of Gelous (no have) or a nail file (can't find) wouldn't fix.

Oddly, though, when I put the second coat of SV over, the glitter visibly dulled... It just wasn't as vibrant as the first coat had made it, but perhaps its just that awesome property of gritty glitters that make everything look icky until you can smother it with enough top coat to make it shine?

No comments:

Post a Comment